All preconstruction and construction work was completed prior to its scheduled milestone date. The original completion date of March 21, 2013 was achieved by the end of 2012.
Preconstruction and milestone date
- Site Due Diligence & 50% Design—12/7/11
- 1603 Material Procurement—12/15/11
- SMECO Design Revisions—12/15/11
- Special Exception Permit—3/20/11
Construction and completion date
- Site Mobilization—8/13/12
- Site Preparation—8/20/12
- Structural Delivery—9/5/12
- Delivery of 50% of the Modules—10/7/12
- Delivery of 100% of the Modules—10/25/12
- Structure Foundation—9/25/12
- Set Structure—10/15/12
- PV System Interconnect—11/15/12
- Completion of Construction—11/21/12
- Completion of Project—12/13/12
The 5.5 MW alternating current (AC) project is located in Charles County, Maryland, (38.6 N latitude, 76.9 W longitude) on 33 acres of a 47-acre parcel of property owned by SMECO.
There are 23,716, 280-watt modules installed with a tilt of 20 degrees and an azimuth of 180 degrees. The system is connected to SMECO’s distribution grid using 11,500-kilowatt inverters to convert the power from direct current to alternating current.